Delicious Gluten-Free Crepes Recipe – NO Grain, Sugar, Dairy, Soy, or Gluten,Of cOurse!
Ok, YES!!! I LOVE crepes. And the funny thing is I used to think they were good, but nothing to salivate over (that’s my yardstick 🙂 But it all started one stormy night last fall, when I went to a blogger event where they were serving crepes. I have to admit, they smelt good, but I knew they were full of ingredients I didn’t want in my body, so I just inhaled. 🙂
But the next day, I had to play. I went to my kitchen and gathered up the best of the best crepe recipes I could find, and tore into them. I replaced all of the not so good ingredients and then I thought of the aroma I wanted to fill my house with as these cooked, and viola!! This is the recipe I put together and it is seriously mouth watering.
Whether you’re a crepe lover or not, you will be after trying this delicious Grain-Free Crepes Recipe – no gluten, dairy, sugar, soy, or guilt either! It is seriously a Paleo or Southbeach dieters dream come true! And it will seriously put any other traditional crepe recipe to shame.
Crepes are one of the easiest things imaginable to make and are great for large gatherings because they are so easy and go so far. I’ve cooked them up at a few gatherings and people are astonished, because they are not only SO tasty, but they are that, PLUS completely healthy.
Crepes can be a lot of fun too, because literally, the sky is the limit when it comes to toppings. It’s a great way to add more fruit to the diet and will be delicious with all kinds of fruit–peaches, mango, berries of every kind, cinnamon spiced apples, bananas, and the list goes on! 🙂
We also have some amazing and delicious toppings in our “Beauty In Every Bite Desserts” Cookbook that would be amazing…such as: caramel, hot fudge, coconut cream..yummm
NOTE: Psssst…We try to make it as easy and fun as possible to transition to your new pantry.And to make it simple, we’ve found a market with the best deal ever on quality organic ingredients. Just check them out, their prices are better than amazon, or anyone else we’ve ever found. Because they provide a way for our viewers to try incredible healthy ingredients and foods for huge discounts, we’re big fans, and have set up to be affiliates to their program, so you can get the best bang for your organic buck!
As for the almond milk -here is a link to our DIY Almond Milk recipe–YIKES, what are we trying to do to you?!!!
Lol, don’t panic, if it’s not quick and easy, it doesn’t happen in our book. So we are hooking you up with a super simple way to make your own, also because we can’t find any manufactured almond milk that isn’t chemically laden. Have you? If so, let us know!
Delicious Crepes Recipe
- Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
- Cook time: 3-5 minutes
- Yield: 14-16
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk -hit link for recipe- these are the best almonds
- 3 hormone free omega 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure organic vanilla extract – I make my own, it’s super easy of course, so if you’d like me to post it, let me know!
- 1/2 cup organic coconut flour
- 1/2 cup organic tapioca starch
3/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon raw, unaltered green organic stevia powder
- Heat a skillet to medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients together in the blender.
- Use an addtional dab of coconut oil on the pan and let sizzle, covering area well.
- Drop a small amount (about 3 tablespoons) of batter onto the hot skillet. Roll the pan to thin the layer of batter and expand the size of the crepe.
- Let the batter bubble and become a solid crepe. Then slide the crepe onto the spatula and quickly flip it to finish the back side. Allow to brown slightly.
- Serve with any of the toppings in our Desserts Cookbook or your favorite choices of fruit.
Here are links to both of our cookbooks that we think you’ll LOVE!
Something really crazy happened when we changed our theme for this site. We lost ALL of our comments. Whooosh. Vanished. Sad day for us.
But we really do LOVE to hear from you, so please comment below, let us know your thoughts, hopes, dreams, and how much this site has changed your life. Ok, maybe that’s a stretch, but we can hope anyway. But it actually is really good to bare your soul. So go for it, we’re ready. Besides, we think you’ll be much better for doing so anyway.