We have a fun summertime obsession! We found the cutest organic farm and we visit it all throughout time summer for all kinds of beautiful fruits & veggies, honey, and fresh eggs. It’s awesome, and most items are just a fraction of the cost.
The farm isn’t “certified organic” and that’s because they want to keep the prices down. So for the same head of organic cabbage we’d pay $7 for at the grocery store, we just pay $1.
So if you think buying organic is too expensive, it may be that it’s been regulated to the point of insanity, and that’s what you’re really paying for. If you find farmers you trust, and you know they use completely organic care, you can save yourself a lot of money and a lot of worry.
Eat Better, feel better,
live better, be better
But that’s not what this post is about! 🙂 The other day I was at the farm, and I picked up some beets. The farmer’s wife said she makes beet pancakes and they are really good. She must have read my mind as she went over to a little stash of some sort and pulled out a recipe card and handed it to me. “Red Beet Pancakes”…wow. I hadn’t even thought of that one yet, lol.
So the next morning, I looked over her recipe and started swapping out everything I could to make it even more healthy.
And this is what I came up with!!
AND btw, they were amazing!! It’s fun because the batter is bright pink, but as they cook, the outsides of them brown up. So for kids especially, it’s fun to cut into them and see that pretty pink color!
And to make it simple, we’ve found a market with the best deal ever on quality organic ingredients. Just check them out, their prices are better than amazon, or anyone else we’ve ever found. Because they provide a way for our viewers to try incredible healthy ingredients and foods for huge discounts, we’re big fans, and have set up to be affiliates to their program, so you can get the best bang for your organic buck!
Coconut Beet Berry Pancakes
- Coconut Beet Berry Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice flour (if you need grain free, use almond flour)
- 1 cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon natural baking soda
- 1 teaspoon organic baking powder (aluminum & gluten free)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries (sweetened in fruit juice)
- 1 cup fresh beets, cut into chunks
- 1 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 free range brown egg
- 2 tablespoons organic avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Heat a griddle to 400º
- Mix all of the DRY INGREDIENTS together in a big mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place all of the WET INGREDIENTS in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Stir the Dry + Wet ingredients together in the mixing bowl. If it seems to wet, add a little brown rice flour until the batter is a nice consistency.
- Drop a little coconut oil onto the griddle just before pouring the pancakes out. Let them cook until they are pretty bubbly on top. Then flip until done.
These are so delicious, and sooo easy! Please comment below and let us know your thoughts, ideas, and anything else fun you want to share–we love hearing from you!!
HERE ARE LINKS TO BOTH OF OUR COOKBOOKS THAT WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE!
Laurie & Tiffany