I came up with this scrumptious recipe after I bought a case of fresh pears for a screaming great price. But after my husband said it wasn’t such a good deal if I didn’t use them all, I was more determined than ever to use every last one. -< I’m happy to report that I DID, and this is one of the amazing creations that came from that box of pears. It was DELICIOUS and as always gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free, soy-free, chemical-free, refined sugar-free. Perfect if your following the Medical Medium diet, Paleo diet, Southbeach diet, or just wanting to eat CLEAN and healthy!
It’s not the limitations
that hold us back,
it’s our way
of looking at them.
It’s been a week of pear everything at our house, and we’ve eaten some yummy dishes and desserts. So he’s not complaining at all, and I’m actually quite loving it (the pears, but the no complaining is wonderful too, lol)
One little side note: I chunked up a couple of my pears and pureed the rest, so the chunks are in my cake. But I’m actually not a fan and think it would be better to just puree them all right into the Wet Ingredients.. Just saying–feel free to do what you wish to your pears! 🙂
With that, here is our Grain Free Pear Cake, an Insanely Delicious Recipe AND to make it simple, we’ve found a market with the best deal ever on quality organic ingredients. Just check them out, their prices are better than amazon, or anyone else we’ve ever found. Because they provide a way for our viewers to try incredible healthy ingredients and foods for huge discounts, we’re big fans, and have set up to be affiliates to their program, so you can get the best bang for your organic buck!
PEAR CAKE RECIPE
- 2 Bob’s Red Mill egg replacements (or 2 hormone-free, free range eggs if desired)
- 2/3 cup USDA certified organic avocado oil
- 5 fresh pears – cored and chopped
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 cups banana flour
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut shreds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pink himalyan sea salt
- 1 teaspoons natural baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminum & gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325º
- Grease a bundt pan with organic coconut oil
- Mix and puree WET INGREDIENTS in a blender
- Stir together DRY INGREDIENTS (except pecans) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Wet Ingredient mix into the Dry Ingredients and mix for 2 minutes.
- Stir pecans into the batter.
- Pour mixture into the greased pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes
That’s it!! SOOOO simple, and seriously delicious AND NO GUILT- YAY!!! Enjoy and let us know how you love it!
HERE ARE LINKS TO OUR COOKBOOKS, full of Medical Medium Inspired recipes!