It was cute little 7 year old Cayden that I should name this Paleo sandwich after.
It all started with lunch, while he was visiting, over the Holidays.
I asked Cayden what he’d like for lunch. He thought a grilled sandwich sounded good, but quickly added that he didn’t like cheese. So I looked through the pantry, and saw a stack of cans of wild Alaskan salmon. I looked at it as though it might tell me what to do, and of course, it didn’t.
So I pulled out a can, and glanced into the fridge, trying to figure out what to put with it. Back in the day, I would’ve used mayo or miracle whip, but I don’t keep that around anymore. And then, it hit.
The best part of happiness
someone else happy
and realizing that
is what really makes
you the happiest!
I started to get a little excited, that would add a healthy fat to the protein, and would fill the salmon in the same way mayo would.
So here is what I did:
Paleo Sandwich – Grilled Salmon & Avocado
- 1 can wild pink Alaskan salmon
- 1/2 avocado, cut and seeded
- 1-2 tablespoona organic pickle juice (from the pickles below)
- sliced organic kosher dill pickles
- 1/3 cup coconut cream from your DIY coconut milk (optional)
- Drain salmon and place in a bowl
- Dump avocado meat over the salmon
- Pour pickle juice over the avocado
- Mash the avocado and salmon together
- Add pickles (either to the mixture now (minced) or to the paleo bread before cooking
- Spread filling meat mixture onto bread.
- Coat heated skillet with avocado oil, and fry both sides til golden brown.
That’s it. Super simple, and very yummy! AND if you want to make them even easier, don’t even stop to grill them, lol! They are still delicious and will hold onto even more nutrients. So yeah, either way it’s a win win!
If you don’t have a good paleo bread , we do 🙂
And that’s all there is to it (yes you may even feel a little guilty making it because it is so simple–yes, no kneading required.
Enjoy, and thank Cayden for inspiring this delicious and easy paleo meal!
Now go have a wonderful day, we love you guys!
Laurie & Tiffany